24 March, 2013

A Sketch Layout for ScrapFriends

The other day I came upon the Scrap Friends Challenge Blog. I was so inspired by the Sketch they had up for March and the Work by their incredible Design Team I just had to grab some new photos I received recently of my grandsons and play along.
I haven't taken the time to sit down and put together a layout in a very long time and I was so happy with the way this turned out. The papers I used are from a new pad of paper I picked up atWallMart by Colorbok. this is double sided paper and has beautiful bright colors and all the newest  trendy patterns.
 These guys live in Texas now and I haven't see them since Holden was born. That is so sad. I need to take a trip.
 A close up of the upper half. I used acrylics to splatter on the background piece before I started.
 My little guy Holden playing in the dirt. my daughter says that you can give him a spoon and bowl and some dirt and he will be happy for a very long time. Typical boy.
 And this is my grandson Logan going Dirt Fishing. They need to get the kid a wading pool to fish in. Actually He is a pretty good fisherman for a 5 year old. His Auntie V and his dad taught him.

So I am entering this in the Sketch Challenge at Scrap Friends this month and I hope you head over there and check them out. Beautiful work.

3 comments:

Sandra said...

Thanks for visiting my blog Melissa, we have a lot in common - 2 children, 2 step and 6 grandchildren and 58 years old - that's me too.
I love what you've done with your layout also, its great to have photos of the grandies to scrap.

Lizzy Hill said...

Hey there Melissa - thanks for that lovely compliment to our DT over at Scrap Friends & soo glad we could inpsire you to get scrappy...LOVE your buttons clusters here & I'm a BIG ricrac fan, so it's nice to see it here, too....Yep, you need to take a trip - they grow up so quickly!!!
Great LO & I hope we see lots more of you at SF:):):)

Vicky Varvadouka said...

Beautiful work!!!! Thanks for playing along at SF!!!xx