03 June, 2012

A Weekend Challenge at Smash*aholics.

So this weekend over on the Smash*aholics Facebook Group there was a 3Challenge all weekend challenge.
 For the first challenge we were asked to use something homemade. Weather we made it ourselves or we bought something that was homemade. I chose to use some of the handmade paper/Tag that I made last month for the Chemistry 101 Tim Holtz Web Class that I took. This technique uses Tim's Distress Stains. So much fun.     There are several pieces of the hand decorated paper at the bottom also as well as the tiny tag with the butterflies on it.                   You can see better in the close-up.
 The 2nd Challenge was to do a Smash Page with a photo added. I chose this photo of my granddaughter showing off her shiner that she got while playing Chicken with a little friend down the hall one night. They both went the same way and knocked themselves silly. Her purple and green eye matches the paper.
 You can see the eye really good here. I love the little crown.
I bought this face mold in the Sculpy section at Michael's yesterday.
















 The third Challenge was to use A Tag, Something homemade and Washi Tape. The paper pieces, in the front pocket of the Pocket Page are homemade as are the tiny pieces in the alcohol ink stained pocket on the lower edge. The tag is also treated with Distress Stains. 

Here are a few close-ups. There is another of the faces made with the new mold tucked under the edge of the birdcage.



The bird cage is a Thim Holtz Die and I covered Grunge paper with text paper before I cut it out.


I hope you all have a great day tomorrow.

No comments: