18 July, 2011

Monday Means Anything But A Card over at Bugaboo

Today is Anything But A Card Day at Bugaboo.  And because it is Day 2 of the week long Christmas In July at Bugaboo there is also a new Challenge up today over at Bugaboo. If you go to the CHALLENGE BLOG you can find the complete list of all the Challenges for the week,(today's is use non traditional colors) a list of the rules, and a long list of prizes you could win.

Okay for today I have used Christmas Brat, Girl Elf and Boy Elf and an Ornament
I had found this picture frame last year and didn't have time to do anything with it and then I decided this would be perfect for today's project.
I started by painting the base and all the edges with some pearlized acrylics. Next came cutting papers from a Matt Stack by DCWV and paper piecing them to the tree and cutting a wonderful piece of glitter paper for the frame. Add some tiny star garland and a snowflake and there you have it, all you need is a photo.
 For the images I colored those with my Copics and added some glitter, some chunky glitter.
I love the way this turned out and it will be right at home in my forest display in my studio this year.
Have a great day everyone. Can't wait to see all the projects this week.

2 comments:

Pink Room Therapy Designs said...

This is awesome Melissa! Love it -- love the blues, the glitter and such a fun piece.

shulsart said...

Melissa, I love your picture frame project, it is just the cutest. Love all the glitz and glitter.