06 April, 2011

A Couple Of Layouts.

I have been working on some Layouts and decided that I should share them. I have been buying new paper recently because all the lines seem to be coming out with the best stuff these days. For this layout of my little munchkin Grandson I used Little Yellow Bicycle. My daughter finally sent me some photos to work with Yea! How cute did this layout turn out?
 So what do You think?, who does Logan look like. Mama or....

 Papa? I think a little bit of both. They are expecting a new baby boy in August so it will be fun to see what that one will look like. My Grandson thinks it looks like a dinosaur in the ultra-sound picture. I hope he grows into a little boy. Can you imagine how surprised Logan will be when they introduce him to a baby and not a dinosaur?
For the frames of the photos I used a Punch for the scallop edge and then just cut into it from the bottom leaving a small hinge piece between each scallop and then bent it around the back side of the circle.
 How cute are these birds? They are SVG Files that I bought from My Scrap Chick called Whimsical Winter.
 I cut out circles and birds from one of the pattern papers and added them to the bottom and then added a few buttons and some stickels for a little bling.
 The piece across the top is from a Christmas decoration. It was a piece that had a bunch of these wires and sequins and beads that you use as fillers in your tree. I stamped the leaves on the designer paper and added those.

I went shopping at a local scrapbook store last week and came across this beautiful Pink Paisley Paper.
I went digging through photos looking for the perfect photo to go with it and this is one of my youngest granddaughter taken a couple of years ago.
I decided to add some texture to the background paper with some Deco Art Texture finish and some Shimmerz that I made.
 Once I got started with the shimmerz spray I couldn't stop.
I stamped some images along the edges of some of the elements and then added Liquid Pearls for accents. When I punched holes into the glitter paper and the pieces went flying all over my desk I liked the way they landed randomly on the layout so I just glued them in place.  Cool Hu? Love that antique button.
 The butterfly's are from a collection by K & Co. and they are 2-dimensional.  For the tags and the two circles at the top left here I used some of the Core'dinations Pear finish paper that I love and then used the smoosh and lift technique using the shimmerz.
 I even sprayed the lace with shimmerz.
 I just love that little face.
The other line of paper I bought is this wonderful Bo Bunny  and I couldn't wait to play with it. I came across these photos of my Granddaughter Claudette and our wonderful dog Pearl from a couple of years back.  Claudette looks like a little girl still in this photo, she's a young woman now almost a teen and Pearl well Pearl was still a pup.
She was still just a pup of 4 and 1/2 last month when she got really, really sick and we lost her. It is still very hard to look at photos of her but I really wanted to make this layout. I so miss that cute little face.
 I cut away half of the inside of this frame piece and added their photo underneath and then cut out butterfly's from a second sheet of paper and added them on top. Bo Bunny always have the neatest accessories to go with their lines of paper. I love these sheets with the frames on one side and tags and embellishments on the other side. I usually buy two sheets and sometimes even three like I did this time.
 I stamped this flower image on the design paper and cut it out and layered it up with dimensionals and added an antique button to the top. I love the little tags and the thread is three strands of this metallic embroidery thread that I bought a couple weeks ago.
A close- up of one of the photos.
 And check out those buttons. I love buttons.
 For the background paper I used a brayer and acrylics to add  some distressing and then I used a stencil from Stampin'Up and some acrylic paint for the flourish. I like the subtle look of it just peeking out here and there.

 By the time I finished this layout I felt better about looking at the photos of Pearl. That is a good thing. I really miss her a lot.
I hope you all enjoyed my layouts of some of my fave people.  Have a great day.

2 comments:

Min said...

Melissa - these layouts are just absolutely BEAUTIFUL!! Fabulous work my friend!
Hugs & Happy Days! ~Min

Tammy said...

OM Gosh Melissa these LO are absolutely gorgeous!! All of your details are stunning...works of art!
Hugs, Tammy