23 March, 2011

Tutorial Wednesday For Bugaboo

Today is tutorial Wednesday over at Bugaboo and it is my turn to share with you. I have been doing a variation of this technique for making background paper for a long time but just recently I was looking at the Shimmerz Blog and saw this technique and decided to try it. This is so much fun! I used Jodie's wonderful images: Easter Chick and Floral Easter Egg for this card

You will need color wash spray. There are more and more brands out there all the time. I happen to have ready made Smooch, Adirondike Color Wash and Tim Holtz Perfect Pearls Mists along with an assortment that I have made myself.

You can make your own using a few drops of an ink refill in a mister bottle along with some Perfect Pearls Powder and water. 2 or 3 drops, 2 or 3 (tip of Popsicle stick) scoops of Perfect pearls and then fill with water and shake well. Easy Peasy.

A plastic garbage bag. Scrunch it up so you get some interesting patterns.

Spray your Color Wash over the bag and

place your paper down on top. Press lightly around the back of the paper so you are sure to get the surface covered. You don't need to press too hard here. You can always add more. In fact that is part of the fun. You can experiment with different combos.

And when you turn it over... Magic!

Spray another color over the remains of the last...
And look what you get! Pretty cool hu?
 I used Cordinations Pearl Finish Paper for these papers but you can also use Glossy Card Stock and regular card stock too. Try different colors and papers. Just wipe excess off the plastic bag with a paper towel and start again.

Here are some other color combos and papers. Sorry for the bad lighting.

One other quick idea to share is when making the egg, I printed off a couple copies and some extra flowers and colored them with my Copics. I cut those out and ...

for one of the eggs I used my dry embossing tool and rounded the egg from the back side on a piece of foam.

I then used Dimensional to attach it to the card. I also cut out layers of the flower and used this technique  and I did the same with the little chicks head.
 For some reason my Blog is not letting me load any more photos at the moment. I had a few more of the finished card. I will be back if I can figure it out.
 Have a Good Day Everyone

4 comments:

sgc said...

Melissa--this is fantastic! I wish we lived close together, as I would love to have some time to craft with you! You do so many neat things:)

Lola said...

Really nice effects! You didn't mention what kind of paper (or I missed it) and was thinking it looks like photo paper? Your finished card is gorgeous!

Christina Hicks said...

This is wonderful! But I am wondering about the egg. Do you round out more than just egg shapes. I have been seeing other projects where it looks rounded but I didnt know how to do it. Another tutorial please lol!

Min said...

How cool Melissa!! Awesome Tutorial!!