15 February, 2010

A New Project

I have had a great weekend and I hope you all have to. Starting with the Opening of the Olympics on Friday night and then Sat. I went and picked up my Tim Holtz 12 new Ink Pads and a Cuttlebug Die and 4 Embossing Folders combo (The butterflies below.) And then Sat. afternoon and Sunday morning I got to work on this layout. I have beeen kicking this idea around all week but I was amazed how it just took on a life of its own once I got started. I used a new paper pad I got by K and Co. and the chipboard and acrylic butterflies and bugs that go with the paper as well as a Matt Pack that has these wonderful transparencies frames. What got me going on this layout was a tutorial that Scrapperlicious posted last month on using Glossy Accents on the surface of acrylic and then using Alcohol inks on the back. I did not build up the Glossy Accents as much as she did in her example. That is what you see on the upper right and lower left corner. The butterflies here are Cuttlebug cut and embossed from hand painted paper i made.






The letters are painted with Crackel Paint and then given a coat of Crystal Effects. Look at that adorable little bird piece






A close up of the letters. The silk flowers have glitter pen highlights and rhinestone centers.

These overlays are too cool.

Cool butterfly
And heart and key.


I stitched around the overlays with metalic fibers.



I used some leftover rub ons and I love the way the flowers turned out.

The flowers are punched from paper that I colored with the Smooch and lift technique and then I dry embossed them from the back to give them more dimension. It is a little hard to see but the buttons i used for the centers are really cool. The bling is Prima.
Oh yea. Aren't those cute girls? My granddaughters Claudette and KayLynn.


Have a great day everyone.

1 comment:

An Zeelmaekers said...

special style, but i love it...