01 November, 2009

The Sampler

I have been working on these 4 layouts and the card for a Design Team Call for Scrap Booking Supplies R Us. An online supply website. They have a huge selection and you must check them out here. They are going to be offering a monthly kit club (The Sampler) in addition to their online store and I would love to be on this Design Team.
The papers on this are Little Yellow Bicycle. I just love these vintage shots of movie stars. They are so elegant and make for some beautiful layouts. It is always fun to match up the perfect papers with the image. I use one of the new MS punches on the copper/brown paper and then added stickles. I used two different colors of rhinestones on this page and this wonderful piece down the center of this photo is made using yarn, Textiva fusible film and rhinestones.
I used very fine tulle under the frame that I cut from the pattern paper.


My Grandsons visit. He is pretty darn cute and he is Two. What a handful. I used the New Websters Papers on this layout and some embelishments that I pulled out of my stash. I also added Distress Crackle Paint to the photos and some stickles and rhinestones here and there. The letter brads are attached over a piece of Tim Holtz film strip and the acrylic leaves have been accented with stickles as well as the butterflies.


Logans face is framed with an acrylic overlay and you can see a close up here of the crackle paint. When the paint dried I covered it with a coat of Mod Podge so it soesn't flake off. It makes if pretty durable.


I used a Digital mask on this photo of my granddaughter. I also used some Little Yellow Bicycle Paper and the flowers and leaves are cut from a piece of Amanda Blue & Co. paper.I stamped the Butterflies onto DP and then highlighted them with stickles. The borders of the background paper have been sponged wit ink and then stamped and highlighted with stickles also.



This shows a good close-up of the layers. The beads across the top is from a Christmas Garland, the cut out is a Sizzix die cut, the floral lace punch is MS and the photograph was done with a digital mask and paper and then printed onto photo paper. I then punched holes in the edges and backed that with packing tape and added glitter. rhinestone flourish I picked up at the Scrapbook convention earlier this month.




This layout was done using some Dream Street Paper, some of my hand altered paper and digital printed flowers. The chipboard accents I found in my stash and the leaves were die cut with a Sizzix die. Across the bottom of the yellow sheet of paper I punched circles with 3 size hole punches, ran a strip of packing tape underneath and then sprinkled with MS fine glitter.


This card is one of two that I made yesterday using this image by Mo Manning. I painted 3 different size images (oh the joy of digital images) and painted the Polar Bear with sparkling H2O's and colored the girl with my Copics. I masked off the image and sponged on three different shades of blue ink. The papers I used on this one is Little Yellow Bicycle and some holographic paper. The snowflakes are from a Christmas garland I found and punched holograph paper snowflakes.


For the background I sprinkled water on the sponged blues and when that dried I highlighted the spots with white gel pen and stickles. The snowflakes were stamped with versamark and clear embossing powder before I sponged on the blue.


This is the sme image only a bit bigger on a square card.



Have a great day everyone!

1 comment:

Dawn B. said...

You have some amazing talents.. I could only hope to scrap like this.. What an adorable grandson.. He is so cute.. Your Mo card is really terrific too.. I love the deep blue you chose.. Super job.. Thanks for your sweet comment on my blog..It is so appreciated..