25 August, 2009

A Crop Comeing This Weekend

WET AND WILD MINI CROP!Before I do anything I have to tell you all that my friend Lucy and I are cohosting a mini crop over at Pages In Time this comeing Sat. August 29. We will have games and challenges and oh yes prizes. So please come by and visit with us.Look for us in Crops and other On-Line Events at http://pagesintimestoresite.ning.com/forum?page=2. We start bright and early Sat morning at 8:00 A.M. eastern time. and you have until Midnight Sunday to finish and post your entries. Please come and join us.
I entered this photo and the next backward, nuts. This is the beginning of a Bead Girlz. First I pick out the paper I want to use and then find the buttons (I love buttons) you want to use for the face. And sometimes you need another Bead Girlz for insperation. I do love buttons. You can find the finished girlz at the end of this post.
This is another card using the Michelle Zindorf http://zindorf.blogs.splitcoaststampers.com/ technique of using a brayer, ink and masks to color the background paper here.


This was one of the technique cards that I put together for last weeks Technique Tuesday class that I teach here in my home. Using packing tape to create a mosaic design and then you use glitter for the grout lines. Cool Hu?





Mumma Dancing 9Mo's Digital Pencil Too. http://www.digitalpenciltoo.blogspot.com/ Love the Mumma images and I love these colors. SU paper and colored pencil to color image. I just found the artist Michelle Zindorf last week and it is amazing what she does with a brayer.




http://zindorf.blogs.splitcoaststampers.com/ You just have to check out this site and give this technique a try. I plan on doing more that's for sure. I used this example for my technique Tues last week and I'm pretty sure the ladies enjoyed it. This was a card I made for the senior class this week. They all enjoy doing the smooch and lift technique like the background here. Stampin Up' paper and stamp






This is a card I did using Digital papers that I got as a freebee from somewhere and I can't find the company right now. Then the image I used is by Pink Petticoathttp://www.pinkpetticoat.co.uk/index.php Aren't these images the cutest? I surprised myself and didn't add a bunch of flowers to this, just around the images. I just love this paper and wanted to leave as much showing as possible.






Another Frillie Millie Card.















A lot of Basic Grey June Bug and a digital image by Heather Ellis http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=7512472 This stamp makes me think of my grandson Logan and his dog Hank. I used a acrylic overlay on this one.
Look at that little bald head. Too cute. I like these images. There are so many great digital designers out there now and Ya gotta love the instant gratification.










Basic Grey June Bug papers again. This stuff is so much frn for a boy. I panted the background cardstock for this with acrylics. I also made some of the flowers and the dogs at the bottom of the page are chipboard.












And the chipboard dog says Woof











And this chipboard dog says Giddie Up!




















I have been working on Bead Girlz the past couple of days. I want to get started on Christmas ones that can be used as tree ornaments. Here is my first Christmas one. For her face I used a clear button that I colored with alcohol inks and then used this flower shaped red button. I also made her hair a litttle more wild and added a snowflake.











I really like the button I found for her face. I really like the body bead also.











I'm starting to think Christmas more and more these days. I bought some new Mo images and I love this one. I had thought I would mount the angel on either side of the glass ornament, which I colored with alcohol inks, but I didn't like that so I put the two sides together with pop ups and it turned out great.













I colored this image with colored pencils and then I put a coat of stickles over the star and used gel pens to highlight the edges and the hair. I cet a second set of wings and used pop ups to apply those.





















Have a great day everyone.

1 comment:

Ann Arbogast said...

Love you bead Girlz...I might have to try to make one. I have all of the supplies. They are just adorable.