06 July, 2009

We Have A Winner

First Off I want to thank everyone that came by my blog on the SNR Card Universe 4th of July Blog Hop. Wow! It was so great getting all the wonderful comments from everyone. This was my first blog hop and the only thing I would have done differently was have those who came by leave e-mail addresses so I could E-mail You that You Won. So I hope You all come by this morning to see if you won. I decided that I should have 2 winners since I had so many entries. So
So without further ado the Winners Are
SILVIA
and
ALI DARLING
You need to e-mail me at memesackman@yahoo.com with your addresses so I can send you your prize. As far as I can tell there were only one Ali Darling and one Sylvia that left comments. To be fair I will wait until Wednesday and if you haven't claimed your prize I will draw another name.
Congratulations both of you and again Thank You everyone who participated in the Blog Hop. It was a great success.And check out SNR Card Universe next weekend for another big Event.

I did get some scrapping done this weekend also. I picked up the new Basic Grey Lemonaed and June Bug papers and couldn't wait to use them so here they are. The first layout uses Lemonade. I call this Modern Vintage. Vintage Image totally modern paper. The doily is vintage though. It is one that belonged to my mother-in-law. Also I scraplifted this page from Gabriellep. I don't usually scraplift but I was so taken with this layout I couldn't resist. You can find more of her Super Wonderful work at
http://www.scrapbook.com/myplace/index.php?mod=galleries&u=84905.


I am making a tutorial for these flowers so check back in a day or two and I will have the steps down. The strip that goes under these flowers has been punched with a couple dfferent size hole punches and then tape applied to the back and super fine glitter sprinkled on.

The image here is printed on white vellum and then I use iron on fusible web between the image and the background paper to fuse the image. This works really well for these larger images and you dont have any visable adhesive. The background paper and the orange colored piece of paper are made with gloss paper and alcohol inks. I just love this little dollar stamp and couldn't resist using it here.


The flower in the center here is made from some jewel encrusted organdy that I die cut and then layered and added wire strung beads for the center. The other two flowers are made from white silk flowers and then I used a sponge to apply color from ink pads. Punch a small flower and add a heart rhinestone for the center.

I did this flower by cutting the acrylic and a background white with a Sizzix die and then used alcohol inks in the new Tim Holtz pens to color the acrylic piece. The flowers on the top two layers are die cut from tissue paper and I used gel pen to accent the edges. I threaded some beads on wire for the center of the flower. I used stickels for the gold flourish doodle and accented the paisley pieces with puff paint.


I have been waiting and waiting for this paper so I could scrap these photos of my grandson and daughter coloring eggs at Easter. I like the elements that go with the paper and the stamps are very fun. I got out my acrylics and added some to the background cardstock. I love using bubble wrap to stamp on paper and the combing tool creates some great texture. I cut flowers and leaves from the patterned paper as well as stamping on pattern paper and cut them out. I used Irene Tans Distressin with a ruler technique on the edges of the photos here only I used my pokey tool (awl) because I have more control. http://scrapperlicious.blogspot.com/2007/05/using-steel-ruler-on-photographs.html I added some brads that I colored with alcohol ink to some of the centers of the flowers on the sticker strip on the left.


Now how cute are these stamps? And the dog? There is one pattern paper that has all these great dogs on it. I used this one here because Logan has a winner dog named Hank. I did some hand stitchingg on this page. I really like the look and will have to incorperate it in more LO's



I just had to throw this photo in. Those chipboard birds are the cutest. Ireally like the red and gold ribbon.


Have A Great Week Everyone.

1 comment:

silvia said...

Gorgeous Layouts!!!