07 May, 2009

A quick post

I did this layout in one evening and the next morning finished it up. I think what took the longest was making the flowers for it and cutting out all the little critters. It was so much fun. I really like this sketch. it is by a gal named Charlotte Hartley and you can find more of her sketches on http://pagesintimestoresite.ning in the gallery.
As long as I am on the subject of Pages In Time Karen just announced our Artist Of The Month and her name is Finnabair. Her work is just amazing and you can see a bunch of it in the Pages In Time Gallery and she has a blog at http://tworzysko.blogspot.com She is a great insperation to me. Every time I look at her work it makes me want to go scrap. We have a lot of people like that in our little community.
Okay, back to this layout. So the sketch is by Charlotte and the paper is DCWV and there is one of my altered pieces of paper in there and some cardboard. Here is a close up and you can see some of the flowers. I used some white silk flowers from the dollar store, taken apart and then to color them I just laid them face down on the ink pad and then I used a small sponge to pounce the back of the flower to pick up the color. I used buttons for the centers.
I have a new spellbinders, two new ones...Sunflower Set 2 and Spirell-Rounded Petals. And I just looked on the bck of the package for that one and found a great idea for something to do with this. Some of the flowers or parts are cut from the pattern paper.


I stamped a few of the images using a new Hero Arts stamp I bought a week ago because I just couldn't resist. I have a lot of rub-ons that I have been collecting the past few years and not wanting to use them for some odd reason and I just decided that I really should get the most out of the . You will be seeing more rub-ons from now on. I ran a bead of puff paint all the way around the brown border piece and zig-zag stitched the inner circle and one of the borders. I just love that little brown owl.





Have a really good day everyone.

No comments: