14 May, 2009

It Is Almost Friday Time Flies

I just wanted to share these two lay outs with you real quick . This first one is for 52Sketches52Weeks http://52sketches52weeks.ning.com/ the Sketch #18. Oh yes I didn't tell you all I also won the prize for last week for Sketch #17. I'll photograph it and post it when it comes in. I love getting prizes in the mail, it is just like Christmas. Anyway, back to this Sketch. When KayLynn lays down to take a nap sometimes we go right to sleep. Other times she is a total pill and we don't get a nap at all and I really need my nap when I have her. This is one of the days I just gave up and took photos instead. The flowers on the side are stamped with Staz-On onto acrylic and then I used Alcohol Ink on the back to give them color and them I layered them with white or patterened paper.


This is the other layout I did last weekend using Studio 45 papers. I just love this stuff. I started with distressing the background using my Dremel Tool and the barrel sanding attachment. I tried burning the edge of the flower print paper but it didn't work out so well. For one thing do not do this at your desk. Fire, paper, glue and more paper just waiting to all go up in flames. I fortunately saw the error in my ways before something really disastrous happened. I am getting better at burning though. My brother in law told me a good way to do it. For the half circle I used a template to cut the scalloped edge and then I punched the holes, backed them with scotch tape and poured glitter over it. I like the red pom pom trim and I haven't done bead work in any of my things for awhile so I thought I'd get the beads out.




For the tags, I stamped the images (Queen Kat Designs You have to check out the new stamps at http://qkd.blogspot.com/ Start there and then go to the Store. ) in memento Black and embossed them with Clear embossing powder. Then I used distress ink and Stampin Up' ink pads to smoosh and lift the color. I then stamped a word image also QK Stamps and a border by Inkadinkado and added some embellies to finish the tags off.





I really like all the little embellishments. I used tags from the Studio 45 tag sheet that I bought and build a brad by Stampin Up' and I also used thesee pretty little silver flower like brads and rhinestone brads from SU. The





I also added some rhinestones, hardware, washers colored with Alcohol Ink. This was a really nice one to do and you might notice that I did not use any flowers. Can you believe that.




Well I need to get back to work on my other layouts. I can't wait to post those for you especially since on will be my FIRST http://pagesintimestoresite.ning.com/ assignment.




Have a nice weekend everyone. I plan to.

No comments: