31 December, 2008

Last post for 2008

This will be my last post for 2008. I have to keep my fingers crossed that my computer doesn't freek out on me again. You will see a little farther down here what I mean. I'm playing catch up tonight. I'd like to start the year not feeling like I'm burried under a bunch of stuff that I want to do. Ha. Ha! That won't happen, I don't think, because there aren't enough hours left in this day. Oh well. At least it is all fun stuff. This is a LO I did for the Basic Grey December Page contest. This is a photo from KayLynn's 4th Birthday. I used Basic Grey Urban Prairie paper and the element stickers that go with this series. The baclground sheet of paper was distressed along the right and bottom edges and then I stamped along the edge with my new BubbleWrap background stamp by Queen Kat Stamps and Tattered Rose Distress Ink. I also used a hole punch to punch out areas of the edge of the paper. The flowers were made by layering Doodlebug glitter papers, Ten Second Studio 40g metal sheets and Basic Grey papers that I cut with Sizzix and Cuttlebug Dies. Rhinestones finish them off.





The heart shapes were cut with Sizzix Dies as were the little flowers. I used shrink plastic, small beads, rhinestone, pearl and Scribbles 3-d paint for the little accents.



I use the Scribbles brand puff paint and glitter paint found with the fabric paint at Michaels and JoAnns. I love Stickles and I get more tubes all the time. I used the 3-d paint on the butterflies here.











I finally bought some Ranger Distress Crackel Paint a couple of weeks ago. I used that on the chipboard #4 and then I painted on a couple layers of Glitter Mod Podge . I used a piece of cardboard as the base for the photo that I distressed and painted with a wash of white and then pink acrylic. I like this effect.



Below are The card and purse that I was getting ready to comment on when my computer froze up. The card is one that I made using the Verve stamps that I got from Julie over at Poetic Artistry for her 2 year Blogaversary. She celebrated by holding a drawing and all we had to do was leave a comment on her Blog of what we discovered last year that we loved. Or something that we were thankful for. Well I have a ton to be thankful for, First off, for having a heart attack . I have a different attitude about life. Yes folks, what they say is true. What doesn't kill ya does make you stronger. I havent had a ciggarette or glass of wine since Feb.3rd and other than gaining more weight than I'm comfortable with, I am healthy and extremely happy. Anyway back to the contest. out of 500 plus comments mine was chosen. What fun. I won a bunch of Verve and Cats Pajamas stamp sets, paper, some stickels and cardstock ,both shimmer white and designer paper and a few other goodies. This has been a great prize month for me. Wow! I made this card using the paper and one of the Verve stamp sets.



The second item is a purse that I made a while back. I made it to take with me when all of us girls went out to see Tina Turner back in October. I love it.






Continue on to the next post to get everything else.

2 comments:

Sue from Oregon said...

Love your blog...found it through Allisons, Stampin When I Can post. Your creations are so lovely and dimensional...LOVE your snowflake decoration border too...I will have to look for some myself next year! And the music was dandy too...!

Unknown said...

wow is lovely lo!